The other day I was a warrior. You see, I have been participating in Deborah Skye King’s online tele-series, The Spiritual Warrior Path, and in our second call she presented me with a meditation that guided me to see myself as a high priestess of an ancient time.
Below is a reflection of my vision as a ‘spiritual warrior’: I was in Europe at a time where Catholicism was highly regarded and widely practiced. After reflection, it is my understanding that this vision is relative to my heritage and lineage as a settler of European decent. It’s been made clear to me through many previous experiences and visions that I have pretty deep roots in the areas of Scotland, Ireland and England. This time it felt like Scotland..
My vision of my spiritual warrior and how it embodied within me was shown through very intense images. First, an image of my hands: index fingers and thumbs together pressed in front of my face. I bowed my head in the middle of a desolate field with crows and vultures — it felt like death; the land was dying. I was wearing an oversized, dark black cloak with a hood. I threw my hands apart and flames escaped from them into the fields and open air. I did this as if to "shoo" all the ominous animals and symbols of death away.
I picked up a small rusted ball and chain that was filled with smoke and potent essences. I swung the ball around multiples times over my head; lashing out the smoke into the space around me… but the fields were no longer empty, this time they were filled with people. It was as though I was imparting death upon them, not actually killing them, but killing their demons. I was destroying the parts of them that weren't serving, the parts of them that were holding them back.
When I threw the ball into the air there were screams and screeches of demons and smoky shadows escaping human bodies, leaving them almost empty. I unleashed huge healing flames that licked through the meadow and metamorphosed the landscape; the field burned completely.
I had fiery orange-red hair. I looked quite similar to how I am now, only more magical. I was fair skinned, a little taller and sported kinkier curls. All that said, I looked ‘witchi-er’.
My task in the meadow at that time was hard and difficult. I almost didn't want to use the idea of ‘killing’ these people, but that is what it looked like. Though it seemed fearful, an internal knowing allowed me to understand that they would experience rebirth and be stronger, better, lighter afterwards. This applied to myself as well, only once they were ‘reborn’ would I be able to fully embrace and share with the world my brightest lights. I was then relieved of my heavy cloak, now wearing a lighter piece of clothing that embraced the magical and mystical.
It was clear in the vision, that for the time being I had to be some kind of darkness. I had to embody what it was that was bringing the community the most pain.The only way I could really destroy the darkness was by being so close to it, by becoming it. I had to embrace and live in shadow, showing it that it would not have full control over us anymore. In order to gather those around me who were seeking and calling, to embrace their lighter living — we needed to use our own darkness as medicine.
Since this vision and meditation last week, I’ve been aiming to find ways to truly embody my ‘spiritual warrior’; the high priestess. After a vision as powerful as this one I’m always pulled towards finding ways to embody visions: to bring our revelations to the surface level, out in the open, in ways that are integral and honest to where we are at. I thought I’d find, practice, and share a few of the tools that I know work consistently for me when trying to fully embody my highest visions.
In this context, I’m specifically referring to visions of past lives or soul fragmentations that appear like windows into other times and dimensions, showing us parts of ourselves that are ready to be reinvented and reinvigorated through your current physical presence here on earth. It’s my hope that the visual capacity to which this speaks is limitless. I have used these suggestions with clients who have visualized themselves in every way; from the most etheric and fantastical species to the most humane and earthly beings. However, you may also apply some of the following steps to embody and manifest your everyday visions such as: moving to a new location or home, starting up your own conscious spiritual business, and welcoming new relationships in your life. Chances are you’ll be able to feel your desires, and actualize them a little faster.
- Meditate and experience your vision. Find a position, or a practice that allows you to be in your stillest state. Sit, stand, or lay quietly focusing on your breath and use either a guided past life meditation or see if you can tap into your own innate guided journey. Allow yourself to feel it in any way that’s available to you. Hear, see, sense — sometimes with numbers; dates, ages, years or words; names, places, symbols — what it information is being sent through your vision.
- Work with someone you trust to aid and guide you into spaces that activate further reach and loving introspection. I find that when I have a mentor, teacher or guide who has experienced some of what I want to experience and learn about, I am able to go deeper within my self because I feel safe and supported in my venture. This also allows me to feel like I can debrief my experiences with someone later if I would like to. The concept of accountability also comes to mind here, as telling someone often takes courage and allows you to speak your truth and stay committed to embodying your new vision.
- Take time each morning and each night to tune into your whole self; emotional, mental, physical, spiritual, and soul. Ask openly for your guides and your higher self to show you through your dreams (night) or through the waking day, more of what it is your working with. Ask them to be specific and then keep checking in to the five parts of you that make up the whole. Walk in awareness so that when they answer you won’t miss it! Trust the impulses or signs you feel you are receiving.
- Listen and do what is shared with you — Take action. (Don’t ask and then stay at a standstill.) Buy the bouquet of flowers that are so brightly staring at you…when you don’t even like flowers. Feel what that might mean. Bring your dog to work with you today, even though you don’t normally. If you wake up and feel like you really need to stock up on some new colours or styles for your wardrobe, then trust that. It may be something that seems absurdly superficial and that’s alright. I would say that embodiment often starts with whatever is most superficial because that’s the easiest signifier and carries the least amount of weight. It’s meant to be a starting point so that you’ll be more likely to actually do the task without too much fear. Take that first step, and you’ll start to find that the more you listen and take action, the deeper the directions go. Start with the things that are easy and possibly seem superficial and use this as a jump-start, the deepening will happen as you develop the qualities and energies of that part of you. The more meaning behind each step you take, the more weighted your vision will feel. You may not look exactly like what you saw — that’s not the point. The point is to walk fully embodied in the energy of your dreams. That’s how they become reality. Ask yourself questions like: Is this woman/man/animal etc. you imagined sensual and luxurious? Did he like jewels and large castles? Or maybe she was a lover of the jungle, with rough hands from climbing trees. Did she run fast? Did he work with a certain element? Was it water, wind, earth or fire? Did they have any props? What could you use as an emulating prop? How can you be them in the world? The deeper you go in integrity and honesty the more you will start to see and feel yourself as the energy behind that vision.
- Find her cause. What is the reason she’s come through for you? Often the soul that is revealed is a fragment of ourselves which longs for us to do more of what they did, be more of who they were. If she was herding sheep, maybe it means you need to also work with animals, or that you may want to be teaching children. If she’s doing ancient rituals or spells maybe that’s something you need to incorporate into your life in a simple way, like lighting a candle every day. This is a very important step because without knowing their cause, you miss the poignant message and why it’s come through. Often times, the message is related to your spiritual advancement, to remind you of why you’re here and what you’ve chosen to to fulfill your soul’s desires. It’s usually a reminder of how to keep on your path and ground you back into your commitment to yourself. It can also be a great way to show you some of your innate talents, and at times caution you of what you’ve done in the past — bringing along with this an opportunity to carry it out differently, and better, than you have before.
- Allow yourself to move through the world like her, fully embodied. Every morning when you wake remember what she looks like and remind yourself how you are going to let her shine from the depths of your insides and out of your eyes. ☺ It’s not necessarily about wearing the same garments as her, or being in exactly the same location as her but it’s about letting her live through your actions, your decisions, and your consequences. Allow yourself to take responsibility in a new way that matches the desired energy and grace of the part of you that’s just been waiting to bust.
Once you’ve done all the work of writing, journaling, honouring, and listening you will start to find that you are moving through the world with that beautiful intention and feeling of this Goddess, warrior, woman, man, peasant, king, alien or animal. The more that you commit to honouring this ‘new’ part of yourself, the more they will offer you. It’s an interesting and interactive way to rebuild a mystical relationship with yourself. It requires a good amount of give and take of course, and thrives on the balance and equality of magic and reality. The more you give, by feeling honour for your magical self, the more your practical and ‘real’ self flourishes.
A vision, a déja vu; is a glimpse into something that may seem quite fleeting for a lot of us. But once you’ve found the lost ‘soles' of your past and taken the time to walk in them, you will find your life takes shape in a way allows space for new perspectives and desired experiences. At the very least you may feel a greater sense of knowing and self-respect for who you are, and from where you’ve come. Time is one of the most generous gifts you can give to yourself. Take the time to truly explore and embody your visions, you’ll owe it all to you!
How many sacred visions and secret versions of yourself are you hiding?
Feel free to listen to Skye's audio meditation The Spiritual Warrior Path and share below!
Edited by: Moriah Stendel